Help with funeral costs
You may be able to receive a funeral payment if you are in receipt of a number of qualifying benefits. How much depends on your circumstances and if you qualify.
To be eligible for a Funeral Payment towards the cost of a funeral, you must be in receipt of one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Pension credit
- Housing benefit
- Disability or severe disability element of working tax credit
- One of the extra elements of child tax credit
- Universal credit
If there is a close relative of the deceased who is not in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits, you may not be able to claim Funeral Payment.
The amount payable can depend on your circumstances.
Funeral Payment may help pay for:
- Burial fees and exclusive rights to burial in a particular plot
- Cremation fees (including the cost of statutory Doctors certificates)
- Up to £700 for funeral expenses, eg funeral directors fees, flowers, coffin etc.
- Travel to arrange or attend the funeral
- The cost for moving the body within the UK – but only for the part of the journey that’s over 50 miles
If the person who has died had a pre-paid funeral plan, you will only receive help for items not covered by the plan.
We can provide you with claim form SF200 (Funeral Payment from the Social Fund) which provides greater detail on the claims process.
Other Bereavement Benefits may be available dependent upon your eligibility. More advice can be sought from your local Jobcentre Plus.
If you would like more information, then get in touch with us.get in touch
Funeral Finance – Provided by our partners Funeral Safe
Partnered with over 2,000 funeral homes and recommended by many more, we at Funeral Safe are exclusive in our dedication to funeral expense lending.
We are Authorised & Regulated by the FCA and, with our industry and financial expertise, you can rely on our simple, accessible and affordable finance for covering funeral costs.FUNERAL FINANCE